The Enterprise Development Program (EDP) hosted the Negotiate Like a Pro training for its Beneficiary Enterprises from 23rd-24th May, 2019. The training was attended by 14 enterprises under the EDP portfolio. The main objective of the training workshop was to assist the participants;
- To grasp and understand the principal concepts of negotiation
- To prepare effectively for negotiations;
- To obtain as much information from their negotiating partner before going into the actual bargaining;
- To develop a concession strategy and using the strategy at the negotiating table.
- To learn the art of persuasion and the elements that a persuasive argument should have.
The sessions were delivered in an interactive atmosphere. In respect of the training we recognize the fact that to acquire a skill one has to practice it. In this regard the participants were divided into groups of two and given four role plays.
The purpose of this group role play was to assess group dynamic and the persuasion dynamics that play out when a group tries to come up with a common decision. This exercise and the dynamics it studies helps the participants when faced with similar situations at the work place.
The participating enterprises were handed certificates at the end of the training with a promise to utilise the knowledge gained in their work and negotiations. Some of our participants had this to say about our training;
“Good training, I learnt new tactics on negotiating. Absolutely exceptional training which was educative and worthwhile. We would recommend the training to all managers”-Yalelo
“The training was very practical and enjoyable”-AfLife
“The training was very well articulated, clear and informative”-Brands Africa
“This training will make me a better negotiator”-Voyagers Zambia Limited